To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

WithSecure v.16: Web Content Control not showing blocked website address

Options
SecurMander
SecurMander W/ Member Posts: 15 Security Scout

Hi,

Since I upgraded the policy manager server to the v.16 on a linux based server, the web content control is blocking pages by claiming they have been rated in a specific category without showing the web address.
Is that a new confidential policy that the company has applied ? If not, do you have any idea on how solve that

Thanks in advanced.

Answers

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 221 Moderator
    Options

Hi @SecurMander

Thank you for reaching out to the WithSecure Community.

Assuming that you are managing your Client Security via Policy Manager 16 on your Linux machine, we would like to inform you that the Web Content Control feature is exclusively available in Client Security Premium.

To obtain more information, we recommend referring to the release notes and change logs provided. If you possess a Premium product license, we suggest reinstalling your Client Security to the Premium version.

Please ensure that the following requirements are met in order for Web Content Control to function correctly:

1. Utilize the standard view in Policy Manager control to configure Web Content Control and enable the desired categories for blocking.
    2. Confirm that "orsp" is reachable from the client. This entails having Security Cloud enabled. From the Policy Manager Console's advanced view, navigate to Object Identifier: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2213.57, and ensure that both options are set to "yes/allow."
    3. Enable and activate Browser Protection by F-Secure on the respective clients.

By fulfilling these requirements, you can ensure the proper functioning of Web Content Control.

Best regards,
    Sethu
    Community Moderator | Technical Support Engineer
    WithSecure™ https://www.withsecure.com/en/home

• SecurMander
    SecurMander W/ Member Posts: 15 Security Scout
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I should have given you more details about my products that, as you imagined, are premium version based.
    Settings are fine with requirements but web address is still not showed. I can only see the category.

Best regards

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 221 Moderator
    Options

Hi @SecurMander

Thanks for the clarification, you should be able to see the blocked URL in the page as show below.

May I know how many machines are affected( URL not appears) on your end? Is it possible to try re-install the WithSecure Product and check again?

Could you please download and run the WithSecure Uninstallation tool from here? and re-install the WithSecure product again to see if that fix the issue.

Best regards,
    Sethu
    Community Moderator | Technical Support Engineer
    WithSecure™  https://community.withsecure.com/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.withsecure.com%2Fen%2Fhome