To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Clients move to a different group after upgrade to v16

Options
SecurMander
SecurMander W/ Member Posts: 15 Security Scout
edited February 8 in WithSecure Business Suite

Hi,

I have a problem with some clients that move to a wrong group after upgrade to v.16.

This is my tree for example:

When I launch the upgrade from Group1, through the policy manager console,

clients that have been upgraded, go to the Group2 but I expect them to stay in Group1.
During the process I applied the correct group's policy before running the upgrade.

So, after the upgrade I have to :
- delete de duplicate client from Group1
- cut/paste clients from Group2 to Group1

In the logs I can see that upgraded clients have a brand new identity.

I probably made a mistake somewhere and I'd like to get some help to find out the real problem.

Thanks

Answers

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 221 Moderator
    Options

Hi @SecurMander

Thank you for reaching out to the WithSecure Community.

Based on the screenshot provided, it appears that the affected host is running the older version of Client Security 15.30. If the issue is only occurring on hosts with this older version, I recommend upgrading the client host to version 16 and then checking again on your Policy Manager console.

Best regards,
    Sethu
    Community Moderator | Technical Support Engineer
    WithSecure™ https://www.withsecure.com/en/home

• SecurMander
    SecurMander W/ Member Posts: 15 Security Scout
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

This is what I did, indeed. As you can see in the 2nd screenshot, I pushed the upgrade to v.16 for clients that are on v.15.30.
    After this task, the problem appears.

Best regards

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 509 Moderator
    Options

Hi @SecurMander

Sorry to hear the issue persists.

Just would like to check first - are you deploying the hosts using golden image ?

Secondly , can you ensure there are no other rules by checking from this guide ? https://www.withsecure.com/userguides/product.html#business/policy-manager/16.00/en/task_86280F1776DF4A39AF4EB8C4D052BD02-16.00-en