To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Client and Server Security does not connect to Policy Manager

KSC_GD
KSC_GD Member Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello Everyone,

i updated my Policy Manager from v15.30 to v16. After the update was done i loaded the installation files for Client and Server Security into the Policy Manager. I exported them as MSI with the corresponding Tree-Information per Client and installed them manually on the Machines.

However, the servers and PC doesnt connect to the Policy Manager anymore. The "Update Server" is just blank on the Endpoints. In the tree i used while exporting the information is set…

I have no idea what i did wrong and im kinda stuck.. i cant deinstall the Clients since it is blocked by F-Secure and i cant unlock it since they cant reach the Policy Servers…

What can i do?

Best Answer

• KSC_GD
    KSC_GD Member Posts: 2 Security Scout
    Solved

Hi AleksandrG,

thank you for your help, i collected the Files and opend a support request. I got a "Bugfix" File and everything just worked perfectly after installing it.

Thanks alot.

Answers

• AleksandrG
    AleksandrG Staff, Product Leadership Posts: 111 W/ Product Leadership

Hello,

One of the possible reason - Policy Manager Server address contains characters that are not permitted in RFC 1738 (i.e. underscores). As of version 16.x, such addresses are not supported.

Policy Manager versions 16.00 and 16.01 had a requirement to have Policy Manager server address defined at the Root domain level, if you are using these versions it might also explain why managed clients can not connect. In version 16.02 this logic was revised a bit, thus PM upgrade to version 16.02 is recommended.

If the Policy Manager address does not contain special characters and you are already using version 16.02, there are no obvious reasons and more information is required. Please collect the diagnostic packages with the preinstalled support tool and submit a support request for further investigation.

Regards,
    Aleksandr

Categories