To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Upgrade PM from 15.30 to 16.02

kuroneko
kuroneko Member Posts: 9 Security Scout
edited August 1 in Business Suite

Hello everybody,

Is there any administrative guide could help me to upgrade the PM suite ?

In the previous upgrade I did not uninstall old version, but there was the same path.

Someone help me please ?

Thanks

Best Answers

• kuroneko
    edited August 2 Solved

I just open a support ticket:

And I receive via e-mail an unofficial guide by Technical Support Engineer

I think to apply this tutorial next days.

after, l'll give you my feedback about.

Thanks a lot

• kuroneko
    edited August 12 Solved

I just open this ticket:

Number: 05xxxxxx

Created: 2024-08-01

Subject: Upgrade PM from 15.30 to 16.02

And I receive via è-mail an unofficial guide by: xxx - Technical Support Engineer

I think to apply this tutorial next days.

after, l'll give you my feedback about.

Thanks a lot

EDIT: PII

Answers

• JamesC
    JamesC Staff, Moderator Posts: 543 W/ Moderator

Hi @kuroneko ,

It's highly recommended that you first back up your existing WithSecure Policy Manager data before upgrading:

1) Create a full backup of the WithSecure Policy Manager data (H2 database, preferences and other files). The backups are stored in the <F-Secure installation folder>\Management Server 5\data\backup folder. For more information about how to do a full backup, consult the Policy Manager Administrator Guide.
    2) Download the newest WithSecure Policy Manager installation file from the downloads page
    3) If the Policy Manager Console is running, close the application before starting the upgrade.
    4) Run the Policy Manager setup on a computer that has the Policy Manager components installed
    5) The Policy Manager setup recommends that you upgrade the components that are installed on the computer. Continue with the default options to upgrade the installed components while keeping the existing configuration.

• kuroneko

The Administrative Guide link drive me to an error page.

I find this guide:

https://www.withsecure.com/userguides/data/pdf/fspm-16.02-adminguide-eng.pdf

but there is no info about upgrade procedure… There is not a guide to upgrade PM! Can you confirm it ?

Thanks a lot

• JamesC

Hi @kuroneko ,

Apologies and yes you are correct.

We do not have any upgrade-related documentation.

Please submit a case here and we shall reach out to our documentation team to improve the guide.

• JamesC

Hi @kuroneko

I wanted to follow up and check in on your case. Has the issue been resolved?

It appears that your case was closed. If you still need assistance, please let us know, and we'll be happy to reopen it.

• kuroneko

Hi

everything went fine.

Thanks a lot

• LiselotteP
    LiselotteP Staff, Community Manager Posts: 417 W/ Community Manager

Is your issue still open? If one of the replies resolved it, please mark it as the best answer. Thanks!

Categories