To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Can do something to withsecure agent currently works on windows 7 computers

Carlos_LA
Carlos_LA Member Posts: 5 Security Scout

I understand that Windows 7 is no longer support, but even without updates the agent should work and be able to stay active with the virus database… like a basic protection?

I have several computers with Windows 7 professional that i can't renew, since the minimum patch level of 29.2.2024 update that mandates ACS was announced.
The agent shows a risk alert for a missing Windows patch despite having all of them.

The PC's is up to date and has the necessary patches such as KB3033929, KB4490628, KB4474419, ADV990001, KB4536952 among others, additionally
I have also verified and installed the commonly used certificates such as DigiCert Global Root G2, DigiCert Global Root G3, GlobalSign Root CA, Entrust Root Certification Authority
USERTrust RSA Certification Authority, Microsoft Root certificate Authority 2010, Microsoft Root certificate Authority 2011 but it has not been possible to recover the agent's full operation

Is it possible to do something or what alternative could I take?

I really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

thank you

Best Answer

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks Staff, Moderator Posts: 274 W/ Moderator
    Solved

Hi @Carlos_LA

Thank you for reaching out to the WithSecure Community.

We understand and respect your situation. However, due to security concerns, we do not have a test environment for unsupported Windows 7 OS to check our WithSecure Agent package.

Since Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, it does not receive security updates or patches. This makes it vulnerable to new security threats, such as cyberattacks, malware, and hacking attempts. Using an unsupported OS can put both individual users and organizations at significant risk, as any new vulnerabilities discovered will not be addressed by Microsoft

Categories