To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

F-Secure PSB - Mozilla Thunderbird not working

xdelios
xdelios W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hello,

Since I installed the latest PSB Mozilla Thunderbird cannot receive any mails at all.

I tried all the combinations in the Firewall and still nothing.

I even disabled the firewall temporarily but it does not fix the problem.

This all started when I installed PSB.

Regards

Comments

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello xdelios,

How many machine are affected by that problem?

Could you confirm the PSB version you installed on that machine?

Also when all F-secure services are stopped, do you still have the problem?

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello xdelios,

This problem is not related to Firewall. As a temporarily workaround, please, try to:

1. Disable E-mail scanning: from main UI open "Settings" window,  select "Computer" > "Virus and Spyware scanning" tab, and uncheck "Scan and remove viruses from e-mails" checkbox .

2. Disable E-mail filtering: from main UI open "Settings" window,  select "Internet" > "E-mail filtering" tab, and uncheck "Turn on E-mail filtering" checkbox.

We'll need more details for investigation, so, please, contact support. Most likely some tuning of Mozilla Thunderbird may help to restore normal functionality.

Best regards,

Vad

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

> Thunderbird cannot receive any mails at all.

I think Thunderbird uses encrypted e-mail downloading/sending network connections by default. However, F-Secure is not able to scan encrypted (SSL) data. If you turn off e-mail traffic virus scanning in F-Secure, then maybe it should work?

BR, Tamas Feher from Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.