To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Upgrade PSB 10.x to 12.x

Options
Janne
Janne W/ Alumni Posts: 6 Security Scout

Is it possible to upgrade PSB version on Client Computers from the portal? 

Comments

• NickJ
    NickJ W/ Alumni Posts: 29 Security Scout
    Options

Hi Jane,

This would be a nice feature, wouldn't it!

As it stands, no this isn't possible but hopefully it is something that will be introduced. Are you familiar with the Channel upgrade process? At some point, once F-Secure are happy with v12 they will automatically upgrade all clients to this version through the portal.

Full details available here:

How does PSB software get upgraded? (channel upgrade)               

The problem with this method, for me, is that I can't control which machines will be updated and when. As a result, I encourage my admins to install the latest version via GPO or some other method for any critical machines before the Channel Upgrade process begins.

Your idea of being able to initiate the upgrade from the portal is a good one though, and F-Secure could make this available before the Channel Upgrade so we can try to control the timings better. The Channel Upgrade would then just pick up any stragglers Smiley Happy

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader
    Options

Hello, 

This type of feature is being considered, but nothing is planned for the immediate future.

This discussion has been closed.