Servers not connecting to F-Secure PSB - "Waiting for connection"
Hope someone can help with this...because it is driving me a little batty.
Long story short: We are rolling out PSB to all clients and servers. Clients are connecting correctly and reporting in to the PSB. Servers are not.
Server installations with the EXE and the correct key are ending correctly. Servers are restarting correctly and launching f-secure services correctly. Updates and signatures are getting downloaded. The default profile is been made available to the servers. But under Devices in the PSB Console, all servers are shown as "Unknown" and "Waiting for connection".
To my knowledge, the traffic is been allowed through our primary firewall and the windows firewall is not blocking the traffic. (As a test - I even swictched off the firewall on a test server - no connection)
I understand it can take up to 2 hours to communicate in. Its been 48 hours in some cases - still nothing.
Can anyone advise which Logs or Settings I can look at or adjust? Any other advise?
Thanks in advance!
Oh: Servers are Windows 2012 & 2016, PSB is 12.10.280.
If the issue still persist now after weekend I would advise you to get in touch with our support so we can have a better look at the problem
Could you open a support ticket including and fsdiag of one of the affected machines?0
Problem still continues.
Raised a support ticket on Thursday 15.06 - no response yet.
Have previously raised support tickets for issues with the PSB...and have never heard back from Support.
So I hope that I'll be hearing from you to resolve this issue!0
The logs related to communication with PSB portal are:
ProgramData\F-Secure\Logs\FSAUA\fsaua.log and fsbwupst.log.
The first one shows the communication process, the second one contains the information about preparation of messages from client to portal.
In the first one you should see the string "Update check completed successfully." periodically.
In the second one it would be enough to check presence of the following string(s): "Message prepared and queued; size=xxxx bytes"
Thanks for the info.
Found the one log file, and all is good ans as you say (C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\Logs\FSAUA\fsaua.log)
However, I cannot find the other log file (c:\ProgramData\F-Secure\Logs\FSAUA\fsbwupst.log) either in that location, or anywhere else on the PC.
Any other suggestions?0
Absence of fsbwupst.log explains why the machines are in "Waiting for connection" state - upstream doesn't work. To find out why, we need the diagnostic information collected by Support tool (present in product Start menu) from affected server(s). Please, provide it to support.
Ok - getting somewhere then.
I sent through 2 seperate logs to Support last week - still have not heard from them.
Is there anything I can do from my end to resolve the situation?0
I've got the diagnostics information from your server KG-IIXXX.
As i can see, it has both PSB Server Security 12.10 and Policy manager server: 12.31.79713 installed together.
Such co-existence is NOT supported. Policy Manager can be installed together with Business Suite Server Security product only.
You will need to uninstall PM, and reinstall PSB Server Security to in order to fix portal communication issue.
Ok, thats a problem - when speaking to F-Secure before regarding converting the JAR to MSI, I was told that PM could be used and that its not a problem that the two co-exist.
At the same time - this is only 1 of the three servers that is not communicating to the PSB Portal.
I have checked each server, and aside from the PM, no additional F-Secure product is installed, aside from the PSB client.
I will perform a repair of PSB on each server and report back.0
Thank you for the update.
I'm not sure, maybe the order of installation (PM first, PSB SS second), may help to resolve co-existence issue.
If repair will not help, please, provide similar diagnostics information from other affected servers.
Strange results - 1 of 3 servers have connected...
Have created 3 diag files for these and sent in to Support.
Maybe they can provide some answers...0
UninstallationTool.exe -a --server (Thanks to NetSecurity for the tip) helped to resolve the problem - the tool cleared out all remnants of our Policy Manager based F-Secure clients from the Servers in question, allowing for a clean good install of the PSB based client.
Not: just running the tool did NOT help to remove the PM client, the switches had to be used!0