To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

"You cannot use the subscription key that you entered for this computer anymore", but the key is cor

Options
dan7
dan7 W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I have a problem. 

I am using the product F-Secure PSB Workstation Security.

I shall now describe the order of events that lead to this problem. (May differ for other people who are experiencing the same problem)

• Installed F-Secure with subscription key
  • Got warning about an insufficient amount of free licenses (This was true, at the time I had fully taken up all the free licenses associated with that key)
  • I made sure I had more licenses available for the key
  • Tried again to activate the product
  • Got error "You cannot use the subscription key that you entered for this computer anymore"

I tried re-installing F-Secure many times, but no luck, I always get the same error. 

It seems F-Secure is somehow configured to recognize this particular device with this partiuclar key as incompatible. There has to be a way out of this! 

fsecure-error-en.PNGThe way the error is displayed

The problem has to do something with the order of events mentioned above. Normally when I install F-Secure on a workspace machine, all works flawlessly. 

I have available licenses and my company is the legitimate owner of the key. How can I make F-Secure work again?

I would appreciate any help!

It is kind of urgent - I cannot give the computer to the employee, if the product is not activated!

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

Comments

• dan7
    Options
    Dear Vad,

thank you very much! This solved my problem.
    I hope it will help everyone experiencing this problem.

All the best,
    Daniel
  • dan7
    Options

Hello Vad, 

I have a question, do you know which parameters does F-Secure save internally in order to recognize that it was indeed the same computer? This is a question just out of curiosity that arose as I was trying to fix the problem.

Thank you again for your support,

Daniel

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader
    Options

Hello Daniel,

Parameters are exactly the ones which i mentioned before: computer ID and subscription. Nothing else, as far as i remember.

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.