To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

PSB Portal Emea search

Rec_OlliE
Rec_OlliE W/ Alumni Posts: 14 Security Scout

Greetings!

I was trying to filter out our companies computers by operating system name in search box.

I typed "Windows 8" and after a minute gateway timed out(504)
https://eu1.psb.fsapi.com/mp/v1/partners/370/computers?category=overview&order=asc&page=1&perPage=50&q=Windows+8&sort=deviceName

fsec_virhe.png

After that 504 Gateway timeout it throws access-control-allow-origin error aswell.

fsec_virhe2.png

I tried the same url with Postman, with same result, 504 gateway timeout.

Is there a bug or is it intended not to search by operating system somehow?

Sincerely,

Olli Elolähde

Receptum Oy

Comments

• MikaArasola
    MikaArasola W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 68 W/ Staff

Hi!

It seems to be a performance issue where the service does not like it when the search produces too many results. Since the search was heavy on the backend it caused a timeout that also terminated your session.

I managed to reproduce the same issue and we are investigating if we can fix it with a fairly small change. If it's ok for you I will contact you directly to test again in a few days time?

Thanks,

Mika

• Rec_OlliE

Sounds fair!

• MikaArasola
    MikaArasola W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 68 W/ Staff

Hi!

The latest release which is already out in Europe includes significant improvements to this, from my tests the searches that used to take up to 60 seconds now take a few milliseconds.

• Rec_OlliE

Thanks for the update Mika!

The timings sounds a bit better now! Smiley Tongue

This discussion has been closed.