To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

PSB Portal: Profile assingement stuck on "Pending"

MattiasN
MattiasN W/ Alumni Posts: 10 Security Scout

Hi.

I have a problem with some clients, when i assign a profile it get stuck on pending.

This happens on various systems and OSes, both workstations and servers.

PSB Portal: emea.psb.f-secure.com

Br

Mattias

Comments

• MikaArasola
    MikaArasola W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 68 W/ Staff

Do you have the possibility to look on one of the systems to see if the profile is actually assigned, but it's just not reporting this back to the portal?

In workstation client 12.01 and later the backend should send a push notification to the client notifying it that there is a new profile, and it should be taken into use very quickly. I would have expected it would report this immediately to the backend, but if not it will do it within an hour (can be speeded up by issuing "send full status update" if not).

In older workstation clients and in the server clients they will take the new profile into use within an hour when they check for definition updates. However the backend won't be aware of this before the client sends a status update confirming it was completed successfully, I believe this could be after the next definition update, so it could take up to 2 hours for everything to be up to date. 

This discussion has been closed.