To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Updated script/instructions to uninstall F-Secure using Group Policy or Powershell?

CarlosFlores_21
CarlosFlores_21 W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

I have seen older threads explaining how to remove the software using GPO/Powershell but none seem to work for me.

My goal is to uninstall F-Secure Computer Protection (v 20.4) from the computers in our domain. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 508 Moderator

Hi Carlos,

Can you please describe what steps you used ?

You can follow the steps below to uninstall client software with an Active Directory Group Policy Object

1. On the Windows Taskbar, click Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Group Policy Management.
    2. The version of Windows that you use may display Programs instead of All Programs in the Start menu.
    3. In the Group Policy Management window, in the console tree, expand the domain, expand Computer Configuration, expand Software Settings, right-click Software Installation, and then click Properties.
    4. On the Advanced tab, check Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management, and then click OK.
    5. In the right pane, right-click the software package, and then click Remove.
    6. In the Remove Software dialogue box, check Immediately uninstall the software from users and computers, and then click OK.
    7. Close the Group Policy Object Editor window, and then close the Group Policy Management window.
    8. Note: The software uninstalls when the client computers are restarted.

• CarlosFlores_21
    CarlosFlores_21 W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

I appreciate your response. The solution I attempted to use was this one:

The solution you posted in this thread doesn't help me because F-Secure wasn't installed via GPO. I believe the solution for me would be to create a startup script, but nothing I've tried so far is working. Any help would be appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.