To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Installing FS Computer Protection to Mac (Big Sur)

DanRom
DanRom W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout

Installing went fine but the computer won't prompt the Accept button on System Preferences -> Security and privacy -> General tab.

What can I do?

Answers

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi Dan

Can you please try the below solution, and let me know if it works ?

After installation of the Mac product on macOS Mojave or later, a red F-Secure (X) icon may appear when running real-time scanning.

This is due to a new security feature, which was been introduced in macOS High Sierra (10.13).

During first time installation, the security feature requires you to allow system software from F-Secure.

Until the software is allowed, real-time scanning will fail.

Once the installation is complete, allow F-Secure software as follows:

1. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and select the General tab.
    2. Click Allow. Once this is done, the icon status changes to normal and the error message disappears.

Note: The steps described must be performed locally on the machine and not remotely.

Full instructions with pictures: https://community.f-secure.com/psb-en/kb/articles/5688-issue-with-real-time-scanning-after-computer-protection-for-mac-installation-on-macos-high-sierra

In case the mentioned solution above does not work, carry out the following solutions one by one and verify if the real-time scanning could be enabled.

Solution 1:

1. Check in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility and remove or disable 3rd party accessibility software such as the Better Touch Tool or MagicPrefs.
    2. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
    3. Select the General tab.
    4. Click the Allow button.

Solution 2:

1. Check in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Full keyboard access to enable full keyboard access.
    2. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and select the General tab.
    3. Use Tab key to move the focus on the Allow button
    4. Press Spacebar on your keyboard while the Allow button is active.

Solution 3:

Add F-Secure Team ID (6KALSAFZJC) to the list of approved kext developers by using "spctl kext-consent add 6KALSAFZJC" command in the Recovery mode.

Refer to the following page for more detail information: 

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2459/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40017658-CH1-TNTAG4

• IngyHere
    IngyHere W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

It doesn't work on Mojave, either. I never even got the extension blocked message. No way to enable it.

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi @IngyHere are you referring to the product PSB Computer Protection for Mac ? Because I noticed you have also posted on the SAFE discussion too.

• IngyHere
    IngyHere W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

No, this is about SAFE, but the proposed solution is the same. I assumed the underlying products are very similar.

• DanRom
    DanRom W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout

Good afternoon,

It doesn't work with any solution

This discussion has been closed.