To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Silent install browser reader extensions for Safari and Chrome on macOS

Options
Micke_Mac
Micke_Mac W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hi Is it possible to silently install the browser extension for Safari and Chrome? Today I am deploying the F-Secure installation package and also made profiles for macOS with notices, full disk access, and system extensions approved and so on, the installation is going well, I do not want to ask users to install this extensions on webowsers, I want to silently install them in the background. Is it possible and if so how?, is it scriptable ?.

Best Answer

• MonikaL
    MonikaL W/ Alumni Posts: 206 W/ Former Staff
    Solved
    Options

Hi Micke,

There's no way to pre-install/silent install the Chrome and Safari browser extensions. The Safari extension is automatically installed, and it will be disabled by default so the user will have to activate it in the Safari preferences.

It's worth noting that browser vendors are very particular about not allowing extensions to be installed without users knowledge, because it is a common source of malware.

This discussion has been closed.