To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

How often are PSB portals software updates updated?

Right now I see all green but I know that the latest Microsoft and Adobe updates are not showing and the reality is grim. So when can I expect the Portal to refresh?

Best Answer

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi,

We receive an update from our vendor today, that their process of releasing windows updates takes usually more, than a week.

"At the moment, it may take up to more than a working week to ensure the latest database release includes new updates"

It depends on their internal testing of new patches, but they're constantly improving this.

Answers

• MonikaL
    MonikaL W/ Alumni Posts: 206 W/ Former Staff

Hi,

The Software Updater engine OPSWAT keeps releasing new database ( most likely everyday) which is delivered via GUTS2. 

• RefreshInternal
    RefreshInternal W/ Member Posts: 26 Security Scout

When then is the database updated? It has been about 1.5 days since the latest Windows and Adobe security patches are available but the portal is not showing them. Exact time would help me to set up a schedule to apply these updates.

• RefreshInternal

The Microsoft february cumulative update is still not showing up in my portal. It was released 5 days ago and usually I see it by now.

Is there a problem with the portal?

• MonikaL

Hi,

What is the version of software updater database that you have? Also, what KB has the needed update?

• RefreshInternal

Where can find the version number for the updater database?

The needed update is KB4601319

• MonikaL

Hi,

We would require the diagnostic information from the affected client machine to check the scenario. Please provide this information to support and we will investigate further.

Please open a support case here:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/business/support-and-downloads/support-request

• RefreshInternal

I opened a support case and I'm still waiting for an answer why did it take more than two weeks for critical updates to appear in the portal.

If possible, please add a feature to the portal to check when was the latest software database update and it would be great to have some extra information about when the latest Windows updates can be expected to be included in the database. If there are reasons to hold them back for longer then ususal it would be nice to see this information in the portal also.

This discussion has been closed.