To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

F-Secure EEP

Options
balombi
balombi W/ Alumni Posts: 9 Security Scout

Hello,

what is the difference between Mobile Protection, Freedom for Business and Elements Mobile Protection (Light). These apps are all named in the officially documentation of EEP. Can I install any of that apps with the EPP license ? Is there any app/feature in EEP, that allows me to protect Android and iOS without a permanently VPN Connection ? Somewhere I've read, that Elements Mobile Protection Light comes without VPN, but i've not found any documention about the light version. Does ist also comes without a web protection when there is no VPN ?

I'm searching for a way, that works without a permanently VPN connection, because I have a permanently VPN connection to my Fritz!Box and then the web protection would be never activated, because I think there is no way to use both at the same time. Or is there a way ?

Can anyone please help me to understand what options I have ?

Thanks in advance !

balombi

Best Answer

• MikaArasola
    MikaArasola W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 69 W/ Staff
    Solved
    Options

Hi!

Mobile Protection is our current full mobile protection suite which is cross platform and fully managed via the Elements EPP portal. It contains all the protection features relevant to different platforms, so VPN over all operating systems and malware protection for Android. Please notice that the VPN is not only for tunnelling traffic, but also allows blocking tracking or harmful sites.

Since IOS does not support antivirus Mobile Protection is the highest level of protection which can be provided for the platform for the time being. Without using the VPN the main value would be visibility towards the devices (for example the version of the operating system).

Freedom for Business is a VPN only product which is being phased out as Mobile Protection contains all the same functionality with better configurability.

Mobile Protection Light is a version of Mobile Protection that does not contain the VPN. It is primarily targeted for regions where VPN use might be limited. You will need to query for availability from your sales representative. This version is Android only since the main value for IOS comes from protecting the traffic tunnelled through the VPN.

Answers

• balombi
    balombi W/ Alumni Posts: 9 Security Scout
    Options

Hi MikaArasola,

ok, now this is clearer. Thanks for your help !

balombi

This discussion has been closed.