To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Software Updater doesn't install or offer updates

Hora
Hora W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hello,

Most software updates are not installed.

WithSecure Software Updater is supposed to install various software updates, including cumulative updates of Windows 10.

I have 50 windows clients. Automatic Windows updates are disabled on each computer.

According to WithSecure Web interface, only 10 % of updates are installed, 10 % have the status “Could not install update”, 10 % have “Could not download update”, and 70 % are not even offered. That include Windows Update and 3rd party software, but I do my tests with Windows Update.

When I do manual search on WithSecure client’s interface, updates that should be done are not showing up for most of them. However, when searching with the Windows Update interface, it shows them to me and installs them.

So, I don't understand Software Updater logic. Can anyone help me?

PS: I already asked the question on the F-Secure forum before but I didn't get an answer.

Answers

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi,

Were these updates tagged as "Security Updates" ?

Out-Of-Band and non-security updates are not yet supported as of March 2022 and we are making plans to support them in the near future.

This discussion has been closed.