After the file SHA-1 hash and file path is excluded in Client Security or Server Security versions 14 or 15, DeepGuard continues to block the application.
You can exclude a file or folder from Real-time scanning and Deepguard by following the steps below:
- Log into Policy Manager Console
- Click on Settings
- Select Standard view
- Select Real-time scanning
- Scroll down to Files and applications excluded from scanning
- Select Do not scan the following files and applications
- Click Add
- Enter the full path for each files, folder or SHA-1 of the application.
- Select File path if the file that you want to exclude always uses the same path.
- Select Folder path if you want to exclude all files in a specific folder.
- Select Application SHA-1 if the path for the file that you want to exclude may vary across different hosts.
- If you are using F-Secure Client Security 13.10, kindly upgrade to the latest supported version since DeepGuard exclusions do not work in the 13.10 version.
- Wildcard exclusions are only applicable for Real-time scanning. For DeepGuard exclusions, kindly use file or folder path.
- F-Secure Security Cloud (ORSP) has a higher priority compared to SHA-1 exclusions. Only file or folder path exclusion has higher priority over ORSP.
Article no: 000009628