How to configure Business Suite Client Security and Server Security hosts to use HTTPS instead of HTTP for downloading updates from the Policy Manager Server and from the update server?
You can configure the Windows endpoint clients to use HTTPS instead of HTTP by following these steps:
Once the policy has been taken into use on the hosts, they will download the virus definition updates from the Policy Manager Server or update server (guts2.sp.f-secure.com) using HTTPS. Software Updater updates are not affected by this setting.
- Log in to the Policy Manager Console
- Select a host or policy domain from the domain tree
- Go to the Settings tab
- Go to the Centralized management settings page
- Scroll down to the Automatic updates section
- Enable Use HTTPS to download updates
- Distribute the policy (Ctrl + D)
Using HTTPS to download updates improves privacy and complies with certain certifications. However, this may increase network traffic if you use proxies, because HTTPS traffic cannot be cached in the proxies.
NOTE: For Mac and Linux endpoint clients, this is not doable.
Article no: 000022966