- Windows Firewall status is red with error message: "Windows Defender Firewall is using settings that make the device unsafe"
- The Windows Firewall state is set to: ON
- Incoming unknown connections setting is set to: Inbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed
If Windows Firewall is showing its status as a red white cross, and the message: "Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer". This could be if both of the following settings have been set to allow:
- Inbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed
- Outbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed
First make sure that the setting has not been set using the F-Secure firewall profile:
- Open the Policy Manager console
- Select the host or domain from the Domain Tree
- Go to the Settings tab
- Go to the Firewall settings page
- Ensure the value under "Profile being edited" is the current profile in use
- Set the value of Unknown inbound connections to Block
- Distribute the profile (ctrl +D)
If the Windows Firewall would still show "Inbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed", make sure that the setting has not been forced using GPO.
Article no: 000018337