My devices are getting blocked. How can I grant access to specific devices on Policy Manager?
You can set rules to allow a specific device while all other devices under the same class are blocked.
You need to know the hardware ID of the device that you want to allow before you can create a rule that grants full access to the device.
To add an exception to a rule, follow these instructions.
- Get the hardware ID for the device that you want to allow. The hardware ID has to be more specific than the ID which is used to block the device.
- Go to the Settings tab and select Windows > Device control.
- On the Device access rules table, click Add.
- Enter the hardware ID for the device as the Hardware ID in the new rule.
- Set Access Level to Full access to allow the use of the device.
- Set Active to Yes for the new rule.
- Distribute Policy
Article no: 000027554