How to install Client Security or Server Security 15.30 with Endpoint Detection and Response for the Citrix/XenApp environment ?
Note: Starting from Client Security 15.20, a registry key was introduced to avoid broken installations when creating images:
- Install Client Security / Server Security 15.30 to the master without EDR keycode distributed to it
- Wait for OK in [ProtectionStatus] (See Note)
- Apply the FSCS1530-HF03 hotfix from support, so that the clones have this binary updated.
- Hotfix is required for all kind of "cloned" setups. This is required for VMWare, Xen, HyperV and many more scenarios.
- Make it as a master image
- Create (a) clone(s), import them to the subdomain with the EDR keycode, wait for the clones to register
Must be checked for all kind of installations. This is not limited to XEN or software distribution using image files. All kind of (managed) installations must ensure not to reboot directly after MSI finishes.
Monitor registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\F-Secure\NS\default\OneClient\CosmosMirror\[ProtectionStatus] as soon as it is changed to OK, all updates are installed and ready to go.
Article no: 000041760