NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) user is unable to start / run Policy Manager Console after upgrading to or installing version 15.30
We have tested and found that Policy Manager Console 15.30 JRE is some how missing some accessibility support.
While the R&D team is working on getting this fixed on the upcoming build, please follow the instruction below for a temporary workaround.
- Install Policy Manager Console 15.21
- Copy the jre folder in C:\Program FIles (x86)\F-Secure\Administrator\ to some temporary place like desktop.
- Install Policy Manager Console 15.30
- Rename the existing jre folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Administrator\ to jre-orig
- Copy the jre folder that was taken from the Policy Manager Console 15.21 installation earlier and paste it in to C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Administrator\
If issue persists, the reason is in another Java installed at the target host enabling assistive technologies for all JVMs. As Policy Manager versions starting from 15.30 are using the Java runtime image with all unused modules removed (to lower the attack surface for vulnerabilities like log4j), this technology can not be loaded to the Policy Manager Console.
As a workaround (instead of replacing the JRE runtime) you can disable this technology for the current user:
- Open C:\Users\<username>\.accessibility.properties as a text file (i.e. using Notepad)
- Comment following lines in the config by adding hashmark (#) in front of them:
Article no: 000038960