Multiple issues observed:
- SPAM emails are coming through
- Emails that are wrongly quarantined, cannot be released
- The usual SPAM emails in Quarantine are missing
- Cannot quarantine messages
You can use different approaches to troubleshot the problem. Here are few approaches how to make sure your SPAM engine is working properly:
- Make sure that Scanning 'message' by F-Secure Spam Scanner was successful. The anti-spam engine is a cloud-based solution, so it will simply not work if it doesn't have a working connection to the detection center https://aspam.sp.f-secure.com/. If you require a proxy to connect to this site with your browser, then the anti-spam engine needs to be configured to use the same proxy.
- Make sure that the Hydra and Gemini Engines are up-to-date.
- Open the Web GUI and navigate to Settings and Engines:
- Under the Server Statistics, you should see that F-Secure Hydra and F-Secure Gemini are up to date and the icon is green.
3. If the Icon of the two modules is Orange, contact F-Secure support to retrieve a file (fsavsd). Mention this article as reference. Once you have the file, do as follows:
- Stop F-Secure Content Scanner Server Daemon in services.msc.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Content Scanner Server.
- Rename fsavsd.exe to fsavsd.exe.OLD.
- Copy the new fsavsd file obtained from F-Secure support into the folder.
- Start F-Secure Content Scanner Server Daemon in services.msc.
- The service "Microsoft Exchange Transport" runs under "NETWORK SERVICE".
- Therefore "NETWORK SERVICE" should have read/execution rights on FQM.EXE and FqmAssembly.dll.
- These rights should be defined during installation and transferred from the "...Program Files (x86)\F-Secure" folder. This can be viewed on the 'Advanced Security' page of the 'F-Secure' folder.
If none of the steps above helped, open a support ticket with F-Secure support for further assistance with this issue. To speed up the process, mention the following items when creating the support ticket:
- If Hydra and Gemini are being disabled, please inform.
- If quarantine is inaccessible, please inform.
Article no: 000011216