To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Difference between two browser extentions

Options
SteelCat
SteelCat W/ Member Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hello,

I have just installed WithSecure Elements EPP for computers and it offered me to install a browser addon "Browser protection by F-secure for Chrome, Edge and Firefox, however it didn't offer it for Opera.

If I search Opera Store I cannot find any extensions by F-secure or WithSecure, but I did find:
"Browsing Extension by WithSecure". Open Add-in it to Opera it displays an error.

1. What is the difference beetwen those 2?
  2. Why is Browser protection by F-secure not avaliable if I searhc the store manually?
  3. Can you help me with the error in Opera?

I'm attaching screen shots.

Thank you and Best regards,
Steel

Answers

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 222 Moderator
    Options

Hi @SteelCat

Thank you for reaching out the WithSecure Community,

The Browsing Protection extension has undergone a name change. Previously, it was called “Browsing protection by F-Secure” for Elements Endpoint Protection products. However, starting in early March 2024, WithSecure products will switch to using the new name: "Browsing Protection by WithSecure. You can read more about this change from the Elements Endpoint Protection from Changelogs post here.

We currently officially support the following Supported browsers:

• Microsoft Edge.
    • Chrome, two latest major versions.
    • Firefox, two latest major versions.

I hope the above is useful to you. Should you need any further questions or concerns, you can reply here.

Best regards,
    Sethu
    Community Moderator | Technical Support Engineer
    WithSecure™ https://www.withsecure.com/en/home