To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

API - Insufficient scope. The request requires higher privileges than provided by the access token.

DVR
DVR Member Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hi

I'm trying to make an integration with our PSA to create tickets and have a bi-directional sync with the Elements API.
I've come to a point where I want to add a comment to an Incident using the incidents/v1/comments endpoint but I'm getting a 403 error with the message Insufficient Scope.

My API key I'm using has "Full editing" permissions on the top level Organization of our tenant.

Am I doing something wrong or is posting comments/changing status through the API not allowed?

Error I'm getting:

{  "message": "Insufficient scope. The request requires higher privileges than provided by the access token.",  "code": 403001,  "transactionId": "0000-4fdc3315a73e4f90"}

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DVR
    DVR Member Posts: 2 Security Scout
    Solved

Solved, don't forget to also request the write scope kids ;-)

Answers

• LiselotteP
    LiselotteP Staff, Community Manager Posts: 417 W/ Community Manager
    edited October 4

Hi @DVR - thanks for coming back to the post, this will help other people experiencing the same issue 😊

Categories