Several devices become slow if both Box application and EPP for Computers are installed.
The issue has started since 1/28, when Box new version 2.25.304 were applied.
If Box application is stopped, the issue is solved.
If EPP for Computers is uninstalled or disabled, the issue doesn't happen.
OS restart doesn't solve it.
Please do below to collect dump(Article Number 000028877)
#In some cases there's something preventing us from optimally scanning file I/O (our bugs, 3rd party intervention, hardware issues, etc.), scanning may become too slow and eventually some files are just timing out and cannot be scanned. Driver writes a message about this situation in event log : "event ID 1" from "F-Secure Gatekeeper" (with file name in content). To investigate those issues, R&D sometimes asks customer to provide a "crash-on-hang" dump. It might be unwelcome to some customers, as a) creating the dump is critical failure for the system, meaning that some data might be lost, and b) generated dump contains all memory contents of the machine at the time of event, including personal data.
Still, in case we're allowed to proceed with collecting the dump, instructions are:
- In HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\F-Secure Gatekeeper\Parameters, create a DWORD value 'BreakOnHang" with value 1.
- In "advanced system properties" ("my computer", right click - "properties", "advanced system settings" on the left) pick "startup and recovery" and make sure "write debugging information" is enabled with "complete memory dump" option). Exact instructions could be different depending on exact OS.
- Make sure there's enough memory on boot partition (20Gb+)
- With all this, restart scanning platform including Gatekeeper driver (or just reboot)
- Reproduce the problem
- When the "hang" happens, computer would bluescreen instead of writing event log messages.
- memory.dmp (usually in c:\windows) has to be collected; note that it's usually protected so that only elevated administrator can copy the file.
As a workaround so far.
- Stop Box application and OS restart.
- Disable or uninstall EPP for Computers.
- Upgrade Box version to 2.25.306
Article no: 000037974