I have an issue with Elements Endpoint Protection (EPP for Computers or EPP for Servers) Software Updater, where one or more updates are not auto-updating due to the status "Excluded from the automatic installation", even though these updates are not excluded in the Software Updater list of the profile that is assigned to the devices.
When Microsoft updates are installing from both Software Updater (SWUP) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), it can cause possible conflict.
You can choose from the following options:
- Install updates manually from the Elements Endpoint Protection portal
- Disable WSUS setup
- Enable WSUS override. Steps:
- Login to Elements Endpoint Protection portal
- Go to Profiles and select the profile to amend
- Under Software Updater enable "If WSUS is in use, both Software Updater and WSUS install Microsoft updates"
- Exclude the selected updates even from scanning on the portal so these updates are not seen, and just let WSUS manage these updates.
Article no: 000015728