How to block or allow (exclude) websites with the Elements Endpoint Protection Browsing protection feature,
Can it also be done using the local WithSecure client user interface without having to do so from the Elements Endpoint Protection portal?
Follow the steps below to either block a website or allow it through the Endpoint Protection device profile:
Follow the steps below to either block a website or allow it through the local WithSecure Elements Agent user interface
- Log in to the Elements Endpoint Protection Portal
- Go to the Profiles page
- Select the profile you want to edit
- Go to the Browsing protection settings page
- Scroll down to the Web site exceptions section and enable it
- In the Sites section, click Add site under either Allowed sites or Denied sites depending on which you want to do
- Add the website URL address
- Click Save and publish
Note: Make sure you have administrator privileges to the computer, since modifying settings requires administrator level access.
- Open the WithSecure Elements Agent and go to Settings
- Go to the Secure Browsing tab
- Click View website exceptions (you will be prompted for the admin user name and password)
- Select the Allowed or Denied tab
- Click Add...
- Enter the website's URL and click OK
Article no: 000029771