Is it possible to centrally send an operation for remote uninstallation of the Elements Agent from the Elements Endpoint Protection Portal?
Will removing a device from the Devices-list in the Elements Endpoint Protection Portal cause the client software to be uninstalled?
Removing a device from the Elements Endpoint Protection Portal does not trigger a local uninstallation of the Elements Agent, you will need to use a specific Uninstall operation from the portal if you want to remotely uninstall Elements Agent from a device.
This will send an uninstallation operation to the device and the Elements Agent will be silently uninstalled from the device. Once the Elements Agent has been uninstalled, the device will be removed automatically from the portal and the license will be released so that it can be used on another device.
- Log in to the Elements Endpoint Protection portal
- Go to the Devices page
- Select the device(s) from the list by clicking the white box on the left side of the device (a menu will appear)
- Click Uninstall from the menu
- Confirm the uninstallation operation
If you want to uninstall Elements Agent using GPO, you can run the following command as administrator:
This will run the Elements Agent uninstallation silently and automatically remove the device from the Elements Endpoint Protection portal and release the license.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\PSB\fs_uninstall_32.exe --silent
Article no: 000017222