I am trying to uninstall WithSecure Elements Agent (EPP for Computers or Computer Protection for Mac) from my Windows or MacOS computer, but I get the error notification:
"Uninstallation is not allowed, Settings do not allow local uninstallation. Contact your administrator."
This is due to the Elements Endpoint Protection profile setting that disallows a user from uninstalling the product locally.
Please ask your Elements account administrator to change the following setting:
- Log in to the Elements Endpoint Protection Portal
- Go to the Profiles page
- Select the profile that is assigned to the computer
- Go to the General Settings page
- Go to Allow the user to uninstall the product
- Enable the setting (slide down to green)
- Click Save and publish
If the above fails on a Mac and the uninstallation is still not possible, try the following.
Remove the following file using the terminal command below and try the uninstallation again:
In case of build version 38681 and newer:
- sudo rm /Library/F-Secure/fsmac/sysconfig/.no_uninstall
- sudo rm /usr/local/f-secure/fsmac/sysconfig/.no_uninstall
Article no: 000016792