Installation of WithSecure Elements Endpoint Protection Agent shows "Check that your internet connection is working and try again" error after entering the subscription key during installation.
If you are connected to the internet and still getting the "Check that your internet connection is working and try again" error message during installation with a subscription key, follow the steps below to rule out other probable causes:
Check for connectivity issues with the WithSecure Connectivity Tool:
Before installing any WithSecure products, you can use the F-Secure Connectivity Tool to check whether or not the host is able to connect to the F-Secure backend systems. Later if you encounter issues with the installed products, you can use the tool to rule out any issues related to connectivity.
Incorrect subscription key:
- Download the F-Secure Connectivity Tool
- Run it and check for errors
Insufficient number of available licenses:
- Check that you are using the correct subscription key during the installation
- Double-check the spelling and verify from either your license certificate or from the Subscriptions page in the Endpoint Protection portal that you are using a valid license
If you would like to remove old installations that are no longer in use to free up licenses, follow the steps below:
- Check that there are still available licenses on the subscription key you're trying to use
- In the Endpoint Protection portal, go to the Subscriptions page and check the Usage column for the license in question. If there are no more available licenses, you have two options:
- Remove old installations that are no longer in use to free up licenses, or;
- Acquire more licenses by reaching out to your F-Secure reseller partner or F-Secure sales contact
After removing a device from the Endpoint Protection Portal, the device will be added to a blocklist so that it will not be able to connect to the portal anymore and take a license into use. To be able to reinstall Elements Agent on these devices, you need to remove these devices from the blocklist:
- Log in to the Elements Endpoint Protection portal
- Go to the Devices page
- Select the device(s) you want to remove, using the checkbox on the left
- Click Remove device from the options at the bottom of the screen
- Select Move to blocklist or Remove permanently depending on your use case
- Login to the Endpoint Protection Portal
- Go to the Subscriptions page
- Open the action menu on the right side of the license
- Click Remove devices from blocklist
Note: If a computer is on the blocklist and you try to use the subscription key on that computer, you will get the same "Check that your internet connection is working and try again" error message. You will need to remove the devices from the blocklist to install the software again on that computer.
Installation file has been downloaded from the wrong Endpoint Protection Portal:
The installation files for Elements Agent are portal specific. Make sure you have downloaded the installation file from the correct portal. You can verify the portal the subscription key belongs to from your license certificate.
Its also suggested to check the uptime of the Computer, if its running from too long than reboot the workstation/server and then try to install it again.
Article no: 000008841