- User wants to move already existing Elements Agent (EPP for Computers or for Servers) installations from one Elements company account to another
- How to change the subscription key that is in use in the Elements Agent locally so that the devices would move to another Elements company account?
- I have setup the Elements Agent on a device using an incorrect subscription key and this device is showing up under the Devices view in the incorrect customer account now. How can I move this device back to the correct customer account?
If the Elements Company account is in the same Elements portal (EMEA1, EMEA2, APAC, AMER) you can use the Change subscription feature to change the subscription key of a device:
- Login to the Elements Endpoint Protection Portal with your Solution Provider user account
- Select the Solution Provider level from the scope-selector
- Go to the Devices page
- Filter the devices with the Company name filter
- Select the device(s) to be transferred (a menu will appear)
- Click on Change Subscription
- Select from the available subscription keys and click on Change Subscription again
If the Elements Company accounts are in a different Elements portals, you can use the local fs_onclient_logout tool to change the subscription key and the portal the device is connected to. The fs_oneclient_logout tool allows you to log out from the Elements Agent, so that you can re-enter the subscription key to connect a device to the correct company in the Elements Endpoint Protection management portal. This command-line tool removes the current subscription from the Elements Agent and returns the software to its initial state, before a subscription key was used. The tool can be found and run from the Elements Agent installation folder:
- Open a command prompt with administrator privileges
- Navigate to the Elements Agent installation folder: %ProgramFiles(x86)%\F-Secure\PSB
- Run the tool in the command prompt:
- To log out and register to WithSecure Elements Endpoint Protection Portal automatically, run \fs_oneclient_logout.exe --keycode <subscription-key> . Elements Agent will log out and start using the subscription key that you entered immediately.
- To remove the current subscription key, run \fs_oneclient_logout.exe --nokeycode. Elements Agent will stop working and asks you to enter a new subscription key manually when you open the main view of the application.
- You can switch registered clients between the different Elements portals by specifying one more command line parameter based on the portal name, for example, “--psb1”, “--psb2”, “--psb3”, “--psb4”, “--psbsmieu”. Do not use these parameters if you are not moving clients between portals.
Article no: 000018596