How do I generate WSDiag diagnostic logs on WithSecure Mac products?
Please follow the steps below on how you can create a WSDiag logfile on a Mac.
If the product installation has failed and you do not have the WithSecure Support Tool available in the product folder under Applications, you can use the stand alone support tool to gather a diagnostic file:
- Click on the Withsecure icon on the Menu Bar (top right)
- Select 3 horizontal lines.
- On the new window, click on Support.
- Select Open support tool.
- Select Run diagnostic.
- Enter your password.
- If there is a prompt to allow, please select Allow.
- Save the file on Desktop.
- Attach the logfile to the reply email.
Note: You need administrative rights to run the tool.
- Download the stand alone Withsecure Support Tool for Mac.
- Extract the Support Tool.app from Support Tool.zip.
- Run the Support Tool.app.
- Select Run Diagnostics on the Support Tool window.
- Enter the administrator password for your computer.
The support tool starts and displays the progress of the data collection.
- When the data collection is complete, select where you want to save the resulting tar.gz archive and then select Save.
The support tool opens a Finder window showing the saved file.
- Attach the file to the support case.
Article no: 000043335