How to forbid a local user from creating real-time scanning or DeepGuard exclusions for Elements Endpoint Protection (Elements EPP for Computers or Servers)?
You can block or disallow a local user from creating or adding new exclusions in the local Elements Agent user interface by changing a few settings in the profile that is in use on your devices.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the Elements Security Center: https://elements.withsecure.com
- Open the Endpoint Protection product section from the menu on the left
- Go to the Profiles page
- Select the profile that is in use on your devices (note that only custom profiles can be edited)
- Go to the General settings page
- Scroll down to the Quarantine section and disable Allow users to release blocked and quarantined items
- Scroll back up a little to the Exclude folders and files from all security scans section and enable the lock on the right side of the exclusions table
- Click Save and publish
Article no: 000043842