To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

What do the counts in 'top infections' represent?

Options
Mike_F
Mike_F W/ Member Posts: 6 Security Scout

In the EPP dashboard, there are is a bar chart of infection counts as follows:

I'm trying to re-create the chart using API calls, but can't find what the counts represent. I thought at first it represented the number of devices the infection was found on, but this proved to be incorrect.

For example, in our company 'EICAR_Test_File' has occurred in dozens of security events over the past 30 days - perhaps around 20 or so events seen under the EPP→Security Events sidebar; yet is listed only 3 times in the above chart.

Many thanks

Michael

Best Answer

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 221 Moderator
    edited June 2023 Solved
    Options

Hi @Mike_F

We sincerely appreciate your engagement with the WithSecure Community. At present, we are encountering an ongoing issue related to timezones, which can lead to numbers not aligning accurately. Consequently, some of these numbers may have surpassed the 30-day limit and are currently not being displayed as expected.

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Please rest assured that our Research and Development (R&D) team is actively working on a fix to address this issue promptly.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. We value your patience as we work towards resolving this situation effectively.

Best regards,

Sethu

Answers

• Mike_F
    Mike_F W/ Member Posts: 6 Security Scout
    Options

Thanks Sethu,that makes sense. Will keep my eye on developments.

Best

Michael

This discussion has been closed.