The scheduled scan task doesn't appear to begin or function correctly such as repeating scheduled scan on Policy Manager, from an unknown Scheduled Scan rule.
1. When a scheduled scan is configured in the WithSecure product, it creates a scheduled scanning task in the Windows Task Scheduler. If the scheduled scan does not start, you can verify if the task was actually created in Windows Task Scheduler:
- Click Start.
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security.
- Click Administrative Tools.
- Select Task Scheduler.
- Select Task Scheduler Library.
- Look for a Scheduled scanning task. (or the customized scheduled scanning task name you defined via Policy Manager Console or Elements EPP profile editor)
- Delete the Scheduled scanning task. (or the customized scheduled scanning task name you defined via Policy Manager Console or Elements EPP profile editor)
- Disable and re-enable back the scheduled scan.
3. Try to execute the scheduled scanning task in Task Scheduler manually and see if it works. If not, the scheduled task is disabled via GPO mostly.
4. For Server Security 12.x and EPP Server Security 12.x, try restarting FSGKHS (F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter) services and verify if the scheduled scanning task works.
5. If you enclose the string with quotes, the scheduled scan will not work. Remove the quotes via the Policy Manager Console, distribute the new policy or EPP profile editor, and save and publish the profile.
Does not work:
"/t18:00 /b2018-8-1 /rdaily"
/t18:00 /b2018-8-1 /rdaily
6. If the scheduled scanning task can be found in the Task Scheduler Library but is not visible in the application user interface - that is to be expected. Since the task is being configured and scheduled centrally, it is not handled via the end-point protection application, but via Windows Task Scheduler, and in this sense is not configured in the end-point protection application user interface.
- The Windows operating system is up-to-date.
- Ensure that the host remains ON until the scan completes
- The task itself can be found under the main Task Scheduler Library, the name is only Scheduled Task and Author is F-Secure Corporation.
Article no: 000001990