Getting Hardware ID for a device
There are several ways to get the Hardware ID for a device for the Device Control rules; Using Device Control statistics or Windows Device Manager.
Using Device Control statistics to get Hardware ID
- Open Device Control statistics in Policy Manager.
- Find the device that should be used in the rules from the Devices table.
- Use one of the values from the Hardware IDs, Compatible IDs or Device Class columns.
Device Control reports about all devices installed on the PC using Policy Manager statistics. As of Client Security 12.10, Device Control does not report all devices by default. Once the reporting is enabled, Device Control only sends reports about the devices which are currently connected to the host. Device Control statistics contain the following table:
|ID of the device.
|Name of the device reported by the system.
|The comma-separated list of Hardware IDs.
|The comma-separated list of Compatible IDs.
|The device class GUID.
|State of the device reported by Windows:
|If device was disabled by Device Control, this field will contain the Hardware ID from the affected rule.
Using Windows Device Manager to get Hardware ID
- Open Control Panel > Device Manager.
- Select the desired device from the tree.
- Right-click the device, and select Properties. The Properties dialog opens.
- Go to the Details tab.
- There are following properties with IDs:
- Hardware IDs
- Compatible IDs
- Device class GUID