Migrating to a Usage-Based Security model and changing subscription types in the Partner Portal
This article applies to you if you are an F-Secure Partner and want to migrate or change the subscription types from an Annual (Yearly) or Monthly (SaaS) subscription to a Usage-Based Security subscription model for any of your customer accounts.
F-Secure provides you with the option of changing the subscription type one customer account at a time; for example, if a customer wants to switch from a fixed-term subscription model to a continuous subscription model where the pricing is based on actual usage.
Migrating customer subscription types is convenient, as the subscription keys stay the same and, as a result, no configuration is needed on a product that is already installed. Otherwise, you need to terminate the old order and place a new order with the new subscription model, after which new subscription keys are generated.
To migrate the subscription type in the Partner Portal, do the following:
- In Customer Details for the respective customer, select Migrate Customer To Usage-Based Security. The Migrate Customer To Usage-Based Security window opens with a list of the products available for migration under the customer account.
- Select the product or products that you want to migrate from the list, then select Confirm.
Once done, the subscription type changes within a few of minutes.
Note: Any products that were not part of the original product list chosen for migration are now available within the Usage-Based Security subscription bundle. New subscription keys for these products are also automatically generated after migration. To check the content of the newly created subscription bundle including its subscription keys, look up the customer in the Usage-Based Security Center.
- The product or products available with the customer account are not supported by the Usage-Based Security subscription model. If the customer wants to change to the equivalent product available in the Usage-Based Security subscription model, you need to place a new order for this customer in the Usage-Based Security Center.
Note: Company Managed product versions are not supported in the Usage-Based Security subscription model, and, therefore, cannot be directly migrated. To get the subscription changed from a Company Managed to a Partner Managed version, please contact your Account Manager or our Order Services team. When this changed is done, the subscription can be migrated to the Usage-Based Security model.
- If the subscription is fixed-term and is not yet in the renewal phase, it is not possible to change the subscription type at this stage. Once the current contract is closer to the expiration date, it is then possible to migrate this type of customer. The renewal window appears 90 days before the expiration date.
Note: If the customer has several orders and the existing product subscriptions have different expiration days, the renewal window appears at different times for different products. This also affects which subscriptions you can see in the product list after selecting Migrate Customer To Usage-Based Security. This does not stop you from proceeding and migrating the subscriptions in the renewal phase; however, as the first migration creates the product bundle within the Usage-Based Security subscription model, the products not included in the migration—not yet in the renewal phase—remain in their current contract with the existing subscription type.
- If the customer already has an active Usage-Based Security subscription for the same product or products, we do not allow duplicate product orders for the same customer within the Usage-Based Security model. Therefore, it is not possible to carry out a second migration for the same customer, or do a migration if you have already placed a Usage-Based Security order for the customer in question.
There may also be a conflicting commercial relationship registered with the customer or incomplete data (or rather not up to date) for the customer account. The conflicting relationship can also be within your own Partner account. This could be, for example, in situations where you–as a Partner–operate in the 2-tier channel (distribution) model, either within the Usage-Based Security model, or within the Annual (Yearly) or Monthly (SaaS) subscription model.
Please contact our Order Services team or Customer Support team for guidance and help if you suspect this might be the issue.