Issue / Symptoms:
Emails sent from Elements Security Center / Elements portal from firstname.lastname@example.org or other withsecure.com addresses do not arrive to recipient Microsoft Office 365 users and are quarantined.
Example actions where email does not arrive to recipient users and are quarantined:
- When sending the Elements Mobile Protection / Elements Endpoint Protection device invitation emails from the Endpoint Protection portal with the Add new device feature, the invitation / welcome / installation emails do not arrive to the recipient user.
- Endpoint Protection Automatic AV infection alert emails sent from Security Events page do not arrive
- Endpoint Protection Monthly / Weekly Scheduled reports do not arrive
- After using Create new administrator to add user, the user does not receive the welcome email
As a workaround you can create a temporary "Allow emails with similar attributes (URL, sender, etc)" rule, that allows emails from WithSecure.com to pass through. The rule can be set to be in place for 30 days.
1. Login to your Microsoft 365 Defender portal:
2. Navigate to Email & collaboration and click review and select quarantine:
3. Locate all quarantined WithSecure emails and select them:
4. Click Release
5. Select both options:
- Submit the message to Microsoft to improve detection (false positive)
- Allow emails with similar attributes (URL, sender, etc)
- Choose 30 Days and click Release message button to release messages to recipients
Article number 000040827