This article is applicable to the following roducts: Business Suite (Client Security, Server Security and Policy Manager) and Elements Endpoint Protection (Elements EPP for Computers and EPP for Servers)
- Is there a way to prevent users from copying data to USB storage devices with the Device Control feature?
- Can Device Control block all USB storage media devices?
1. You can limit or block access permissions for removable drives using Device control. Refer to the following links for instructions:
- Limiting access permissions for removable drives
- Blocking device access using predefined rules
- Getting Hardware ID for a device
As soon as the product upstream the statistics to Elements Endpoint Protection backend, you can then select the respective device with the product installed under Devices page to find out the device ID, hardware ID and compatible ID.
Note: Device Control can only be configured from the Policy Manager or Elements Endpoint Protection (Profile editor). There is no local configuration on the user interface.
Article no: 000002202
The content of this article has been machine translated from the English source article.
While reasonable efforts have been made to provide accurate translations, there may still be translation errors.