In 2019, F-Secure Business (now WithSecure) communicated that product support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008R2 would end in January 2023 for Elements and Business Suite products, in line with Microsoft’s own Extended Security Updates program.
These Operating System versions are no longer supported by Microsoft and will receive no further security updates.
To allow our customer base a little additional time to upgrade their devices, WithSecure will provide support for these products on legacy Operating Systems until 30 June 2023.
As such, both Microsoft and WithSecure strongly encourage customers to upgrade to supported versions as soon as possible.
The affected versions are:
- Microsoft Windows 7 (all variants)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (all variants, including 2008R2)
These changes apply to all variants of the following WithSecure products, including business products still branded as F-Secure.
- WithSecure Elements
- F-Secure Client Security
- F-Secure Server Security
- F-Secure Email and Server Security
- F-Secure Policy Manager
End of Support for these OS versions means:
- No hotfixes or maintenance releases for the listed products for the affected operating systems
- Customers reporting problems will be advised to update their installations
- After support ends, we cannot guarantee the level of protection provided, even if WithSecure products are installed on the machine.
For maximum protection, WithSecure recommends updating to supported Operating Systems before the cut-off date.